Welcome

Welcome.

Become part of the circle sharing inspiration for spinning and other fibre crafting. It is a warm and reassuring place, sort of like a favourite chair near a cosy fireside, where beginners and experts come and go as they please. It's a place to share what we know, learn from each other and display what we've created -- while supporting and inspiring each other on the wonderful journey associated with handspinning and wool-related crafts.

Tuesday 12 June 2012

Kelly Woolly Wednesday for June 2012

This past month has been mostly Shetland month for me.
I am especially loving this gorgeous cream shearling fleece.  it has quite a bit of hay embedded in it so very slow, picky work spinning it up but oh so soft.  I navajo plied these for a nice chunky effect.
I had a little break from the cream and spun some brown Shetland.  Not quite as soft as the cream shearling fleece but lovely nevertheless. The brown has been two plied.
We have been doing some weaving on the peg loom using all that Lleyn I dyed with tumeric, dandelions, and calendula.  This way we can all be involved in making this Sunshine Rug!  I have some older yarn I spun using nettles that will also go into the sunshine rug.  For more info on weaving with a peg loom look here on my personal blog.  A great way to use up yarn and bits of fleece for something practical.
Also, one of my children knocked over my spinning wheel the other day.  The join in the centre of the wheel is gaping.  The spinning wheel is still spinning okay but how do I fix this?  If anyone has any advice on repairing this, please do let me know.

Happy spinning everyone!